Pumpkin Sorbet Recipe - proposed by Transylvania's Finest Food is a festive drink served as an aperitif or even digestif, or it can be presented as a dessert for adults. With small adjustments, the Pumpkin Sorbet recipe can become the favorite dish of the little ones - when it comes to healthy recipes with pumpkin.
Used as an active ingredient in pharmaceutical products, pumpkin, well-known for its beneficial properties, should be included in the diet. But before the benefits, we can't help but review some aspects of Sorbet - this preparation with a low fat content - much healthier than ice cream...
Curiosities about Sorbet
- sorbet is as sweet as ice cream, but it is not ice cream! ...but a dessert made of mashed or frozen fruit juice;
- it seems it was invented before ice cream
- it does not contain milk, cream or cream, which makes it a favorite dish for both vegetarians and those with lactose intolerance;
- sorbet is often served between meals, but it can be offered both as a stand-alone dessert and before, during or after the main course;
- any fruit can be used for sorbet, it is sweetened with honey or sugar syrup, and some recipes contain alcohol.
Benefits of pumpkin consumption
- pumpkin can help regulate blood pressure; reduces the occurrence of diabetes; strengthens the immune system; helps to improve vision;
- with a low calorie content, pumpkin stimulates weight loss;
- prevents the occurrence of cardiovascular diseases - due to the high content of potassium and vitamin C;
- due to its high fiber content, pumpkin is beneficial for improving digestion
- having a rich content of magnesium, pumpkin seeds improve the quality of sleep and maintain the health of the urinary system;
Pumpkin sorbet recipe - ingredients:
100 g frozen pumpkin puree
50 g dates (cut into cubes)
100 ml of peach juice
50 ml champagne
10 ml agurida or lemon juice
For decoration: pumpkin seeds, mint, pepper.
The preparation is extremely simple - put in the mixer: frozen pumpkin, peach juice, champagne, agurida or lemon juice, add - instead of sugar or sugar syrup - the cut dates and mix well.
To emphasize the festive note, we recommend serving the pumpkin sorbet in champagne glasses.
The decoration - according to preference - is made by adding pepper, pumpkin seeds, mint leaves.
* to turn this dish into one that children like, you can supplement the amount of dates and eliminate the champagne.
** also, dates can be replaced with raisins
More details in the video recipe here: